How can SEO for Shopify be used? How important is it for e-commerce? Not just that, there are many more questions in the minds of beginners about SEO for Shopify and how it can be connected to Shopify. As a digital marketing Agency understanding how to recognize your website, brand, or company by searchers is a core skill, and understanding how to be involved in this will keep you at the top of the game. SEO is an activity that helps websites, brands, and companies to be on the top of the list while users search through search engines like Google, chrome.
Is SEO for Shopify Good?
Yes, why not. Shopify is the best place for SEO. It contains all the tools and features to help your page get top-ranked in search engines. Further, it is the most efficient platform for digital commerce. Some essential types of SEO that you can choose on Shopify are:
Additionally, It includes all the techniques that can be used to improve the SEO for Shopify. It is mainly done behind your page and does not include content. It involves tackling duplicate pages, eliminating alternative URLs, overcoming site architecture limitations, and so on.
It involves the activities of content creation that can target your audience. It includes keyword research and optimizing headings, tags, and websites.
It includes activities that are carried out on other sites, like backlinking. It helps in building the reputation of your site.
How To Improve SEO for Shopify
What happens when you take steps to improve SEO for Shopify? Do you expect it will improve the quality and quantity of people in your Shopify store? Yes, you are expecting the right things. When Google sees that more people are interested in your store, it will improve the ranking of your store on search engines. But it takes some time, consistency, and effort on your part. Let’s discuss some leading steps to improve SEO on Shopify stores.
1. Organize The Structure Of Your Site
Organizing your website in an orderly manner will make it easier for customers to scroll on your page. It also helps Google to visit each category to determine which content is more appropriate for the user to show.
● Your Homepage is an excellent place to structure your website. Create categories and subcategories on the homepage. Make sure you have easy access to products for your customers. Use this step as a map of your store that will guide the customers toward your page and make easy access.
2. Appropriate Keywords
Conducting keyword research is the most appropriate step to get your Shopify store ranked high on search engines. Additionally, This attracts the most relevant target audience to your store.
For Keyword research, you don’t need to be a Shopify SEO expert in this field. Search and add the keywords that have high volume but low competition. For this purpose, you can use the following tips.
- Conduct competitors analysis
- People may search for frequently asked questions and “people also asked about “type questions
- Search for Google autofill suggestions
Before conducting keyword research, consider some rules of thumb and try to fulfill this criterion.
- 1000 plus monthly searches
- Use synonyms to jot down ideas
- you should use long tail keywords / long phrases
- Thought from the customers’ point of view
- Follow the most relevant trends
3. Optimize Your Data
After conducting keyword research, now add those keywords to your online Shopify store. The best place to start is at Homepage, Product category pages. After that, you can add keywords in the description, meta description, titles, headings, and subheadings.
Optimizing the keywords will enable Google to discover the most relevant results searched by customers and target audiences and show them.
4. Add Images
Image optimization brought many benefits. It enables the customers to understand better what you are going to sell. It also faster the page loading timer and increases the chances of your site ranking.
But using inappropriate and irrelevant images will decrease the chances of your site’s ranking. Here I will share some tips on image optimization.
- Choose the Right Format
- Create unique images
- Decide on the image file structure
- Don’t use copyrighted images
- Compress your images
As another option, you can also opt for Shopify App like Alt Text. It will give you access to the most relevant images for your keywords.
5. Add Blog Posts
Blogging is another best option for SEO for Shopify. Although It seems intimidating, it works. It provides more opportunities for the target audience to approach you and make them know what you are offering. If you create more than one page for blogging, it will be beneficial for SEO.
If you are working with Shopify, it will provide you with a blog feature. You can access it by searching the:
Online Store >> Blog posts
Blogging is beneficial in keeping your store fresh in the minds of customers. It will connect with the customers and keep them updated about the activities, innovations, and changes that are taking place inside the store.
6. Optimise Site Speed
The people visiting your site will take only two to three seconds to choose another site if your site needs to be fixed or at a low speed. So you have Two to Three seconds to convey the most appropriate message to the target people.
If your site is fast, it will retain the chance to be ranked by Google. Therefore, optimizing your site for speed is very important. Here are some tips to follow for better speed.
- Use compressed images Jpeg
- images are more appropriate
- Minimize the number of Apps
- Don’t use overweight themes
7 Add Backlinks
The quantity and quality of backlinks at your Shopify store will benefit search engine ranking. Backlinks are like simple links that point toward your website from other pages. Additionally, Getting many good-quality backlinks is essential for ranking.
Before using the idea of backlinks, take into consideration that backlinking from low-quality websites would not provide you with any benefit. Similar backlinking from other apps like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook will not add value to your store. But a link from a well-known website will add fruit to your ranking.
8 Use The Right SEO App
If you have ever engaged in WordPress Website, then you are indeed familiar with Yoast SEO and SEO plugins for WordPress. It might astonish you whether Yoast works on Shopify, but it doesn’t. But many other Apps can work on SEO for Shopify.
● It enables you to create the most appropriate tags for products, articles, and blogs and Alt Tags for products on your Shopify store.
● It provides information about your Shopify store to search engines by structuring the data in a JSON-LD manner. JSON-LD is a pattern in which data is structured according to the needs of search engines.
SEO Image Optimizer
- Quickly and feasibly optimize your images
- Increase traffic on Google image results in No coding needing
- to focus on Analysing competitor’s keywords Help in searching the most relevant keywords
- Analyze the ways to get the most organic traffic on site These are only a few options that you can opt for. There are some other apps as well, some of which are available for free. But others offer free plans for a limited time.
The overall crux of optimizing your Shopify store is to engage a more targeted audience. It does not only add traffic to your site but also adds conversions. SEO is the most suitable way to send customers who intend to purchase to your Shopify store. Engaging yourself with the strategies mentioned earlier will assist in getting a high ranking for your Shopify store on search engines. But remember, whatever strategy you choose will not work until you put in your time, consistency, and effort.