Signing up for a Shopify Free Trial is a great way to familiarize yourself with the platform and even try out many of its features. However, once you finish your free trial, there is one more thing to do. That is, cancel your account (yes, I know that can be unclear). Do not worry — this guide will help you on “how to cancel Shopify free trial” in no time.
How To Cancel Shopify Free Trial? A Detailed Guide
This guide on how to cancel your Shopify free trial will surely help you out:
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Go to the “Settings” tab in the bottom left corner of your dashboard.
- Click on “Billing.”
- Under the “Status” heading, you will see a button that says “Cancel account.”
- Click on the button and follow the prompts to cancel your free trial.
And that is it. You are all set to say goodbye to your Shopify free trial. Just remember, if you decide to come back to Shopify in the future, you will have to start a new free trial. But do not worry. You can always rely on the help of friendly assistants like me to guide you through the process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Unsubscribe From Shopify?
To unsubscribe from Shopify, you will need to cancel your subscription. Here are the steps you can follow to cancel your subscription:
- Log in to your Shopify account.
- Go to the “Billing” section of your Shopify account.
- Click on the “Cancel plan” button.
- Follow the prompts to cancel your subscription.
Keep in mind that if you cancel your subscription, you will lose access to all of the features and services provided by Shopify. If you have questions or need further assistance, you can contact Shopify’s support team for help.
How Do I Delete Shopify After Trial Period?
To delete your Shopify store after the trial period, you will need to log in to your Shopify account and follow these steps:
- From the Shopify home page, click on the “Settings” icon in the screen’s bottom left corner.
- In the Settings menu, click on the “Account” tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Close store” button.
- Review the information on the next page and click the “Close store” button again to confirm that you want to close your store.
- Enter your password to confirm the action, and click the “Close store” button.
Please note that closing your store will permanently delete your products, orders, and customer data. You will no longer be able to access your store or retrieve any of this information.
If you want to keep your store but stop paying for your subscription, you can pause your store instead of closing it. Pausing your store will allow you to retain all your data and reactivate your store later. You need to contact Shopify’s support team to pause your store.
How Long Does Shopify Free Trial Last?
Shopify offers a 14-day free trial for all new accounts. Therefore, you can use the Shopify platform and all of its features for free for 14 days without entering any payment information.
After the 14-day trial, you must choose a paid subscription plan to continue using the platform. If you do not choose a plan, your store will be paused, and you will not be able to access it or make any further changes.
Please note that during the free trial period, you will have full access to Shopify’s features and tools, including adding products, processing orders, and customize your store’s appearance. You can use this time to build and test your store before deciding whether to upgrade to a paid plan.
Hopefully, you now realize that canceling your Shopify free trial is not hard. That said, there are a couple of crucial points to remember. The cancellation process must be done within the trial period. If you have questions about your Shopify account or features, contact their customer support staff for help. So spread the word and share this post if it has helped you!