Are you using Shopify? If so, you probably know how powerful and easy it is to use. But you may have run into some challenges when it comes time to cancel an order on Shopify. Or you may be curious about what is going on with your orders. In this article, I will show you how to cancel an order using Shopify for your online store.
How To Cancel An Order On Shopify? A Step-By-Step Guide
To cancel an order on Shopify, follow these steps:
- Go to the Shopify admin panel and click on the “Orders” tab.
- Find the order you need to cancel and click on it to view the details.
- Click on the “Cancel order” button.
- Confirm that you want to cancel the order.
You can only cancel an order if it has not been fulfilled or shipped. If the order has already been shipped, you need to contact the customer and ask them to return the order for a refund.
Are you using a payment gateway, such as PayPal or Stripe? If yes, you may need to refund the customer through the payment gateway. In this case, you will need to follow the instructions provided by the payment gateway to process the refund.
Does Shopify Charge For Cancelled Orders?
No, Shopify does not charge for canceled orders. It will depend on your payment gateway and their terms of service. If you cancel an order on your Shopify store, you will not be charged any fees by Shopify. However, if you have already processed the payment for the order, you may still be required to refund the customer their money.
If you use a payment gateway that charges transaction fees, you may also be required to pay those fees if the transaction is reversed. Always review the terms of service for your payment gateway to understand how they handle cancellations and refunds.
Can We Cancel The Order On Shopify?
Yes, it is possible to cancel an order on Shopify. You can follow these steps to do so:
- Go to the Orders page in your Shopify admin.
- Find the order you want to cancel and click on it to view the order details.
- Click the “Cancel” button at the page’s top right corner.
- Confirm that you want to cancel the order by clicking “Cancel Order” in the confirmation window.
As you can see, it is effortless to cancel an order. Shopify wants it to be as easy as possible to cancel orders, especially when you have made a mistake or realize that the order was fraudulent. Remember that canceling an order does not return the money to your account. It does not ship the order.