Have you ever gone through the hassle of dealing with customers who will not take a hint? Do not worry. We have got you covered. I will show you how to block a customer on Shopify store, so keep reading more to get the required answer.
Are you tired of dealing with pesky customers who will not take a hint? Do not worry. We have got you covered. The step-by-step guide on how to block those pesky customers from your Shopify store is as follows:
- First, log in to your Shopify account and head to the “Customers” tab.
- Scroll through the list of customers until you find the one you want to block. Click on their name to view their customer profile.
- Scroll down to the “Account details” section and click on the “Edit” button. It is where the magic happens.
- In the “Account status” section, select “Disabled” from the dropdown menu. Doing this will block the customer’s account and prevent them from logging in or placing orders in your store.
- Finally, click the “Save” button to apply the changes and bid farewell to that pesky customer.
And there you have it – blocking a customer on Shopify is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Remember, this action is permanent and cannot be undone, so make sure you want to say goodbye before hitting that “Save” button. Good luck!
Yes, it is possible to block an IP address on Shopify. Here is how to do it:
- Log in to your Shopify account and go to the “Settings” tab.
- Click on the “Checkout” tab in the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down to the “Order processing” section and click on the “Manage” button next to “IP address blacklists.”
- In the “IP address blacklists” page, enter the IP address you want to block in the “IP address” field.
- Click the “Add IP address” button to add the IP address to the blacklist.
Blocking an IP address will prevent anyone using that IP address from accessing your store or placing orders. You can not undo the action, so think twice before implementing it. To unblock an IP address, you must manually remove it from the blacklist.
Follow these steps to disable a customer’s account on Shopify:
- Log in to your Shopify account and go to the “Customers” tab.
- Find the customer whose account you want to disable and click on their name to view their customer profile.
- Scroll down to the “Account details” section and click on the “Edit” button.
- In the “Account status” section, select “Disabled” from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Save” button to apply the changes.
Disabling a customer’s account will prevent them from logging in to their account or placing orders in your store. Remember that this action will be permanent and cannot be undone. If you want a disabled customer to reaccess your store, you must change their account status to “Enabled manually.”
It will be better to communicate with the customer before disabling their account, especially if the reason for the disabling is related to a problem with their order or account. It can help resolve any issues and avoid negative feedback or reviews.
Disabling a customer’s account on Shopify is a bit like banishing them to the land of Narnia – they won’t be able to access your store anymore. But what exactly happens when you disable a customer’s account? Let’s break it down:
- The customer will not be able to log in to their account. So, they need help viewing their order history, tracking shipments, or making more purchases in your store.
- New orders cannot be placed by the customer. In this way, they will be unable to add items to their cart or check out, so they will have to look elsewhere for their shopping fix.
- Your customer list will no longer include the customer’s account. You can remove them from your customer database, so you will not have to deal with them anymore (unless they create a new account, but we will get to that later).
- Your Shopify dashboard will still display the customer’s order history. However, the customer will need help accessing this information.
So there you have it – disabling a customer’s account on Shopify is a pretty effective way to cut ties with those pesky customers you don’t want to deal with anymore. Remember that this action is permanent and cannot be undone, so make sure you want to say goodbye before hitting that “Save” button.
As you can see, Shopify blocking is easy, fast, and convenient. The next time you have a customer who will not take no for an answer, you should not panic. Remember that Shopify blocking is free and hassle-free, so enjoy your Shopify shop more.