Have you ever considered expanding your e-commerce business beyond a single Shopify store? The rise of online shopping competition is savage. Businesses must find ways to stand out in a crowded market. One way to do this is by creating multiple Shopify stores. By branching out into different niches, you can reach a broader audience and maximize your sales potential.
Here I will explain how many Shopify stores can I have, as well as how to manage multiple stores. We’ll keep you posted! So, whether you’re a seasoned e-commerce entrepreneur or just starting, let’s dive into the world of multiple Shopify stores.
How Many Shopify Stores Can You Have
Shopify does not have a specific limit on the number of stores you can have. You can create as many Shopify stores as you want, but each store will require a subscription fee as long as each store is registered and managed independently. Each store should have a unique email address, payment gateway, and domain name.
How Many Stores Can You Have On Shopify Basic Plan?
Shopify’s pricing plans may affect how many stores you can have.
- The Basic Shopify plan, which is the most affordable, allows you to have only one store.
- Advanced Shopify plans will enable you to have up to five stores.
- The Shopify Plus plan, designed for high-volume businesses, allows for up to ten stores.
How Much Does It Cost To Have Two Shopify Stores?
- Each Shopify store requires a monthly subscription fee ranging from $29 to $299, plus credit card fees of 2.4% to 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction, depending on the plan.
- Theme templates can cost between $0 and $180 as a one-time payment.
- Additional costs for Shopify apps can add up to around $120 per store per month, based on Shopify News’ average app price and several apps per store owner.
- When managing multiple Shopify stores, these costs can quickly become significant and require careful budgeting and financial planning.
- Despite the additional expenses, owning multiple Shopify stores can be a lucrative opportunity if done correctly with a sound business strategy and effective execution.
These costs can quickly become significant when multiplied by your number of stores.
What Is The Advantage Of Multiple Shopify Stores?
Having multiple Shopify stores can provide several advantages for e-commerce businesses. Here are a few:
- Multiple stores can diversify their revenue streams and reduce reliance on a single product or niche. For businesses, mitigate risk and ensure more stable and sustainable revenue growth.
- Customer segments with tailored product offerings, marketing messages, and store designs. Targeting different niches will optimize their sales potential and increase customer loyalty.
- Businesses can reach a broader audience and gain more visibility in their target markets. Expand Reach will generate more leads, drive more traffic to their stores, and increase their overall sales potential.
- By multiple product offerings, businesses can create a more engaging and satisfying customer shopping experience.
- Streamline Operations can also help businesses smooth their operations by leveraging economies of scale. For example, companies can centralize their inventory management, customer service, and shipping logistics to reduce costs and improve profitability.
Disadvantages Of Multiple Shopify stores
As there are several advantages, so there are also disadvantages to having multiple Shopify stores:
Increased costs: Having multiple Shopify stores means paying multiple subscription fees, which can quickly add up and become expensive.
More complex inventory management: Managing inventory across multiple stores is challenging, especially if you have many products or variations. It can also lead to overselling or underselling if the stock is not synced correctly.
Dilution of brand identity: Multiple stores can dilute your identity and confuse customers. It may also make it difficult to build brand loyalty and recognition.
SEO challenges: Managing multiple stores can be challenging from an SEO standpoint. Each store must be optimized for search engines, which can be time-consuming and complicated.
Splitting traffic and sales: Having multiple stores means breaking traffic and sales between them, which can reduce the effectiveness of your marketing efforts.
Customer service challenges: Managing customer service across multiple stores can be challenging, especially if you have different policies or procedures for each store. It may also be difficult to provide consistent customer support across all stores.
Planning And Strategizing Before Creating Multiple Stores:
Planning and strategizing are critical steps to take before creating multiple Shopify stores. Here are a few reasons why:
Avoid Overlapping Niches: For creating multiple stores, the first thing is to select unique niches. Take the time to plan and strategy for your stores. Instead of competing with yourself, you can increase your sales in your stores by searching unique niches.
Optimize for Different Demographics: Each niche has its special target audience with varying needs and preferences. Plan properly to optimize your product offerings, marketing messages, and store design for each demographic.
Streamline Operations: Managing multiple stores can be complex and time-consuming. Store management processes include inventory management, customer service, and shipping logistics to minimize inefficiencies and improve profitability.
Maximize Resource Utilization: Multiple stores require time, money, and resources. To get the most out of your investment, ensure your resources effectively.
Taking the time to plan and strategize before creating multiple Shopify stores is crucial for success.
How To Manage Multiple Shopify Stores
Here are some best tips to manage multiple Shopify stores:
Consolidate where possible: If you have multiple stores selling similar products. Targeting similar audiences, consider consolidating them into a single store. This can simplify inventory management, reduce costs, and improve overall efficiency.
Standardize your processes: Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) for tasks, such as adding products, fulfilling orders, and managing customer service. You can then ensure that everything is done consistently across your stores.
Use a multi-store management tool: Shopify has several multi-store management tools. These stores can help you manage inventory, orders, and other aspects of your stores from a central dashboard. Some popular multi-store management tools for Shopify include Veeqo, Brightpearl, and Sellbrite.
Differentiate your stores: The other side is if you have multiple stores selling different products or targeting different audiences. Make sure they are differentiated enough to avoid confusion among customers. This includes different branding, pricing, and product offerings.
Optimize each store for SEO: Each store should be optimized for search engines to improve its visibility and attract more traffic. Seo optimization includes product titles and descriptions, using relevant keywords, and building backlinks.
Monitor and analyze performance: Creating multiple Shopify stores is not difficult. But regularly monitoring and analyzing the performance is itself a big task. For this, monitor each store’s performance to identify improvement areas.
Analytics tools can help you track sales, customer behavior, and other key metrics across your stores. Identify trends and make data-driven decisions about how to manage your stores.
Provide consistent customer service: Make sure customer service is consistent across all your stores, with the same policies and procedures. It raises trust and loyalty between your customers.
Managing multiple Shopify stores requires careful planning and execution. Following these best practices ensures that your stores are efficient, effective, and successful.
Top Shopify Apps For Streamlining Management Of Multiple Stores:
Using these apps will help streamline your operations, reduce errors, and save time and money when managing multiple Shopify stores. Here are some useful apps that can help you manage various Shopify stores:
- Multi-Store Sync Power
- Multi-Store Manager by Plobal Apps
- Shopify Flow
- Stitch Labs
Multi-Store Sync Power
Multi-Store Sync Power is a Shopify app that synchronizes inventory, orders, and customers across multiple Shopify stores. Here are some of the benefits, features, and pricing of Multi-Store Sync Power:
- Saves time and reduces errors by automating the synchronization process.
- Enables you to manage inventory and orders across multiple stores from a single dashboard.
- Helps you avoid overselling or underselling by keeping your inventory levels up-to-date.
- Supports synchronization of product details, pricing, and inventory levels.
- Allows you to set up custom synchronization rules, such as syncing only specific products or variants.
- Enables you to view and manage all orders from different stores in one place.
- Provides a detailed synchronization history for each store.
Multi-Store Sync Power offers a 14-day free trial with no credit card required. After the trial period, the app costs $29.99 monthly for up to two stores and $9.99 for each additional store.
Multi-Store Sync Power is useful for businesses that manage multiple Shopify stores. The app’s customizable synchronization rules and affordable pricing make it an attractive option for small to medium-sized companies.
Multi-Store Manager By Plobal Apps
Multi-Store Manager by Plobal Apps is a Shopify app that allows you to manage multiple Shopify stores from a single dashboard.
- Manage orders, inventory, and customers across multiple stores from one platform.
- Get real-time analytics and insights for each store using this solution.
- Automate tasks like order fulfillment and inventory updates to save time and reduce errors.
- Allows you to switch between stores and manage them from a single dashboard.
- Provides inventory management and order fulfillment solutions for multiple stores.
- Enables you to create and manage promotions, discounts, and gift cards across all stores.
- Provides advanced analytics and reporting features to track sales and monitor store performance.
Multi-Store Manager offers a 14-day free trial, and after that, it costs $29 per month for up to two stores. Additional stores can be added for $9 per month each.
Overall, Multi-Store Manager can be a valuable tool for businesses that manage multiple Shopify stores and need a centralized dashboard to manage their operations.
Shopify Flow is an automation tool developed by Shopify. That allows merchants to automate repetitive tasks and workflows without the need for coding or development skills. It is an app that provides a visual interface to create and manage workflows or “flows” that automate various tasks, such as tagging orders, updating customer profiles, and notifying customers of changes in their order status.
- Motorized repetitive tasks and workflows to save time and effort.
- Reduce errors and inconsistencies by automating manual processes and data entry.
- Free up time to focus on other aspects of your business by automating routine tasks.
- For creating and managing workflows, Shopify provides a visual interface.
- Integrates with other Shopify apps and services, such as Shopify Plus, to automate complex workflows.
- Allows merchants to create custom triggers and actions based on specific events or conditions.
- Provides real-time updates and alerts on workflow progress and status.
The Shopify Flow provides its service for free to all Shopify Plus merchants. It is not available for merchants on other Shopify plans.
Shopify Flow is an excellent automation tool that helps Shopify Plus merchants to streamline their business operations.
Veeqo is a multi-channel inventory and order management software that helps eCommerce businesses. This app allows managing and synchronizing their sales channels, including Shopify stores. You can also use this for other marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
- Centralizes inventory and order management.
- Simplifies shipping and fulfillment processes.
- Real-time inventory updates and stock level monitoring.
- Increases customer experience with faster and more accurate order processing and fulfillment.
- Integrates with Shopify, Amazon, eBay, and other major sales channels.
- Enables merchants to manage and track orders, shipping, and fulfillment from a single platform.
- Offers advanced reporting and analytics to help merchants make data-driven decisions.
Veeqo pricing plans start from $195 per month for up to four sales channels and 100 orders per month. And it may increase based on the features needed.
Veeqo is a comprehensive solution for eCommerce businesses. It is a valuable tool for improving operational efficiency and enhancing customer experience.
Syncee is another potential product and inventory management software. The app allows store owners to import easily from suppliers, manufacturers, and wholesalers.
- Simplifies importing and syncing product data and inventory from various sources.
- Lowers manual tasks and errors associated with manual data entry and updates.
- Manage multiple suppliers and manufacturers from a single platform.
- Offers real-time updates and synchronization of product data and inventory.
- Collaborate with Shopify and other major eCommerce platforms.
- Access to a wide range of suppliers and manufacturers.
- Offers real-time updates and synchronization of product data and inventory.
- Advanced product data management tools, such as mapping and transformation.
Syncee offers various pricing plans, starting at $29 per month for up to 500 products and cab increase on different features you want to use.
Overall, Syncee is a valuable tool for eCommerce businesses.
Stitch Labs is a comprehensive inventory management software. Merchants can manage their Shopify store and other sales channels more efficiently. The app offers many features to help businesses streamline operations, automate workflows, and gain insights into inventory and sales data.
- Inventory management across multiple sales channels, including Shopify.
- Regulates workflows and reduces manual tasks, such as order fulfillment and tracking.
- Sales data insights to help merchants make informed decisions.
- Offers a centralized platform to manage inventory, orders, and customers.
- Integrates with Shopify and other major eCommerce platforms.
- Provides automated inventory updates and stock level tracking.
- Offers order management tools like order fulfillment, tracking, and shipping.
- Provides advanced reporting and analytics tools to gain insights into sales and inventory data.
- Offers a centralized platform to manage inventory, orders, and customers.
Stitch Labs offers various pricing plans, starting at $799 for up to 5,000 orders per month. Prices increase based on the number of orders, features, and integrations needed.
Stitch Labs is no doubt a wonderful inventory management solution for eCommerce businesses. You can manage and automate workflows across multiple sales channels, including Shopify.
In conclusion, Shopify allows businesses to create multiple stores and expand their online presence. While there are limitations on the number of stores allowed depending on your pricing plan.
However, creating multiple stores must consider the benefits and challenges before deciding. With proper planning and strategy, businesses can leverage the power of multiple Shopify stores to grow their profit and achieve long-term success in the e-commerce marketplace.